Join the E.T.P.D Team
The Evesham Township Police Department is an internationally accredited agency whose members take pride in their proactive response to crime, disorder and quality of life issues. This approach recognizes our community’s high expectations for professional police services and has sustained a positive relationship with the community for many years.
The department is organized into two divisions: Operations and Administrative, and four bureaus: Patrol, Investigative, Support Services, and Training. We also offer various specialized assignments such as: K-9 Officers, Bike Patrol, Crime Scene Technicians, ATV Patrol, LEAD, Detective, School Resource Officers, Community Engagement, Humane Law Enforcement Officer, Training and Support Services. We offer our future officers a modern facility, excellent equipment, a proactive approach to training and access to one of the leading Officer Wellness Programs in the area.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
• A citizen of the United States.
• Is of good mental and bodily health sufficient to satisfy the Board of Trustees of the Police and Firemen's Retirement System of New Jersey that would make the applicant eligible for membership in the retirement system.
• Is able to read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently.
• Is of good moral character and free from conviction of any crime constituting an indictable offense or any crime or offense involving moral turpitude.
• Is able to pass such written, oral, physical and psychological examinations as shall be selected by the Township Manager and meet essential job functions, to include a mental health records check to determine fitness to possess a firearm.
• Is a graduate from a senior high school or shall have had formal education or training showing attainment of the level represented by graduation from senior high school with a minimum of 60 college credits from an accredited college. Two years of active-duty military (or Coast Guard) service with an honorable discharge can be substituted for the sixty-college-credit requirement
• Is a holder of a valid New Jersey driver's license.
• Otherwise meets all requirements of N.J.S.A. 40A:14-122 to 40A:14-127
• Is 21 years of age
• 60 college credits from an accredited institution and/or 2 years of active military service.
• If you have any further inquiries, please email [email protected]
We hope that you will Join Our Team! Check out our video below!
Evesham Township is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer