THE EVESHAM POLICE DEPARTMENT IS LOOKING FOR A FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK.
TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK
DEPARTMENT: POLICE DEPARTMENT
SALARY: Minimum $12.50 per hour
SCHEDULE: MONDAY – FRIDAY 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Flexibility with schedule as needed
Under the direction of the Evesham Township Police Department Office Manager, this position will be responsible for participating in the daily operations of the department’s Records Bureau to include data entry, filing and responding to citizen and telephone contacts.
• Data entry utilizing the New Worlds Records Management System
• Filing, answering telephones, customer service
• Preparing and submitting various reports and documents
• Preparing police records
• Processing requests for information under various authority including, but not limited to, the Open Public Records Act, the rules of discovery in criminal, civil or motor vehicle court proceedings
• Minor bookkeeping, word processing
• Operating office equipment to include copy machines, fax machines, personal computers, printers
HS grad/equiv. Minimum 2 years’ clerical experience in an office environment or previous experience in a municipal or law enforcement environment.
Excellent communication/customer service skills. Must have computer skills, general office skills, ability to operate office equipment.
All successful applicants must complete a background investigation prior to receiving an offer of employment. Applicants may be rejected for any of the following:
• Conviction for an indictable offense; Conviction for any crime or offense involving moral turpitude or dishonesty; Conviction of any crime or offense involving a firearm; Conviction for any crime involving the manufacture/distribution of any controlled substance; Conviction of any crime or offense that would subject the applicant to the provision of Megan’s Law.
Please submit applications/resumes to the Human Resources Office by Friday, October 21, 2016.